Wednesday, February 2, 2011

GAME Plan Progress: Project Based

The goal that I feel that I am making the most progress in is to “design/adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources”. I have been trying to engulf myself in as many technology tools as possible this past week to try in my ELA class. I want my students to be eager to come to ELA because they know that they will be learning new and innovative ways of doing things that, in the past, were boring and somewhat irrelevant to their lives. Also, I feel that I have been making progress finding tools to assist students that are struggling readers and writers. These two aspects of education can sometimes be overwhelming to a student and could possible “make or break” them. I want to be able to give them the tools to “make” them into budding young adults.

This week’s learning resources have prompted me to think outside of the traditional way of instruction that is very repetitive and boring for most students. I plan to further my GAME Plan by using these tech tools to make class more project based in which students are able to learn and build with one another. I want to work to create open ended essential questions that will serve to guide students studies rather than place strict boundaries and limitations on their interaction with their learning process.

1 comment:

  1. I have founf that Audacity (a speech recording program). Works great for my students who otherwise do not like reading or writing. It gives them a new way to do tasks that they otherwise struggle with. You can also use this tool to get them to work on their drafts when writing. they can play back their recordings and fix their errors. they could then write or type their final paper. Just a suggestion, its works for some in my class because it keeps their attention longer.

    ReplyDelete